Monday, April 2, 2012

Changes

So... I've been a little nervous today. My husband has worked at his station for four years with the same partner. Every time he went to work, I would feel safe and secure knowing that if something went wrong, he had a great respectable friend/partner that would be there to help him out. Some things happened before I met my husband and his partner was right there to help, so it calmed my nerves knowing they were a good pair. They are both amazingly good at their job, and they had each other's backs all the time.
Anyways, our fire department recently moved some people to different stations. My husband was moved to an old station he used to work at. Now, I'm not complaining about that station, because he likes it. My problem is, he and his partner, after four years, are no longer working at the same station. This is where my stupid mind kicks into gear, creating "what if" scenarios. I don't know if any other firefighter's wives do this, but I definitely need to quit. It just makes me worry more. So, when a call goes out now, hubby is toned out with a few other stations, and never has to go alone. This makes me feel better, but I don't really have a reassurance anymore. I don't know who will be there with him, if anyone else makes sure there's a backup team (RIT) there. I just don't know.
I sort of feel like his partner was part of our family, because he was part of the reason my husband is still here. I guess I just need to get aquainted with change. Nothing stays the same for long with our FD. And truthfully, as long as I have my husband, I don't much care about anything else. I just have to keep reminding myself how awesome my Senior Firefighter is at his job, and be ecstatic when he comes home. <3

And I want to say thank you to my husband's former partner for always being there for him. It means a LOT to a FireWife. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment