Thursday, April 12, 2012

Petrino and Zimmerman

These are two cases that now define America as a whole. Apparently people no longer have any common sense. Here in America, we are constantly undermining our own values! Let's start with the Petrino issue. As most everyone knows, Bobby Petrino, the Arkansas football coach, was fired recently based upon something that had NOTHING to do with his job. He got into a motorcycle accident with a young girl riding with him. This has shed light on his not so faithful marriage. He did lie about her being on the bike, but since when do you have to explain details of your MVA to your boss? I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around this. Because he did something completely un related to his job, he was fired anyways? What he does in his personal life Is exactly that. His personal life. I keep reading that with a high profile job, he should be held to high standards. OK! I don't agree with cheating on your wife, but did he ever stand up and say, "The university I work for endorses my actions and wanted me to do it"? Nope. Just because you don't agree with someones personal choices, doesn't mean you fire them. He was a great coach, and shouldn't have to pay for those actions in public, just deal with it with those he has personally hurt. As I said, I don't agree with his actions, but It has nothing to do with his job.

The second case I want to talk about is the "Trayvon Martin and Zimmerman" case. A man saw a teenager that was acting suspicious, he called 911, and the teenager ended up getting shot and killed. I have listened to the 911 tapes. I made sure to do so before creating my own opinion on the case. (You should too.) Zimmerman thought Trayvon looked suspicious, and called the police. He did follow the kid, and was told not to by the dispatcher. I don't know whether he did or not after that, but I do know that Zimmerman was approached by Trayvon towards the end. I also know there were many screams heard in the 911 calls before a shot was heard. Soooooo many people swear it was Trayvon screaming. Funny thing is, unless you have supersonic hearing, I say it could have been either one of them. So, anyways, Trayvon dies, and Zimmerman is facing second degree murder charges. For what? What evidence is there to prove he killed this kid in cold blood? Everyone is making stupid remarks like, "Well, Trayvon was unarmed!" Another outrageous statement. If someone attacks me just with their fists, or slams my head into the sidewalk, you're damn straight I'm going to shoot them. It's a legal right. People don't understand. Even if he just walked up with a sweet tea, and some skittles, if he threw them and started throwing fists, you can shoot him. Furthermore, guess why Trayvon was there? He was suspended from school for drugs and fighting. Interesting. Oh, and one more point. If I hear that it's a case of racism again, I'm going to vomit. It's a funny thing his parents say that it was because he was black, yet every time they show up on tv, they are surrounded by black people including Rev. Al Sharpton. I don't think it's a coincidence. If you say, "Us black people need to stand up and defend ourselves," that's racist in itself! Notice as I told the story, I didn't distinguish between races? I'm so sick of people claiming it's a racist case. Look up statistics. Unfortunately, most people in jail, and attached to most violent cases are who? Black males. It's not because police go out looking for them, it's because those people are actually committing those crimes. My point is not that he must have done it because he is black, my point is people need to stop making it a "race" case, and just make it a "stand your ground" case. One more thing they are trying to use as evidence in the case is a witness statement from Trayvon's girlfriend. She told police they were talking on the phone at the time, and that she told him to run from the guy that was WATCHING him, He said no. Then she heard the phone fall to the ground and go off. She told police that it must have happened because he was attacked and it was knocked from his head. Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't it have fallen as Trayvon decided to lunge at Zimmerman? Just an idea. Just think about it. I'm tired of hearing about it now. I don't really know what happened because I wasn't there, but there really can't honestly be people that swear he was murdered because he was black. Don't be ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. Petrino was fired because he lied to his boss AND paid off said girlfriend with $20000 AND sat in a committee which hired her over 158 other applicants as a prominent member of the staff! Additionally, Petrino's lied to the public in a press conference in which he called without notifying the AD. All of this goes against the code of conduct in his contract, but also leaves the university open for lawsuit. His personal life is his personal life until it reflects badly on the university and puts it at risk.

    ReplyDelete